Sunday, October 14, 2012

Town Hall Cross 10/6, Cooper River Cross (CRCX) 10/14

So I'm a little behind with my updates. Everything has been a blur lately.

Last Saturday we raced at Town Hall Cross in Pennsylvania. There was quite a bit of climbing, and a lot of switchbacks through mud and wet grass. I was supposed to start around 30th in the grid. I missed my call up and ended up having to start around 80th position. I pushed my way through and ended up taking 3rd! To date I have never made up that much ground in a race. It was a tough race but I felt really strong throughout it.

Today we raced at Cooper River Cross in Cherry Hill, NJ. This was a mostly flat course with some technical sections, a rideable staircase, and a lot of loose dirt. I didn't have a very good start and the leaders got away quick. I started about 5 rows back. I made my way up and by the 3rd lap I was in 6th place. I was battling with the guy behind me the rest of the race. I held onto 6th until the final sprint. I got nabbed by the 2 behind me and ended up 8th. That hurt. I am happy to be in the top 10, but bummed at the same time that I didn't step it up and hold my ground. Looking back I think I could have pushed it harder, but in the moment I caved. Either way, another day, another lesson.

I didn't go crazy taking photos at these races as I did at some recent ones, but here's what I got:

A few from Town Hall Cross (FULL GALLERY HERE):

my second podium this year...3rd at Town Hall Cross




A few from Cooper River Cross (FULL GALLERY HERE):







No comments:

Post a Comment