Monday, October 1, 2012

Gran Prix Of Gloucester, MA 2012

This past weekend the majority of the team and I raced in Gloucester, MA. It was a long ride there and we barely slept before day 1. Judging by the shitty weather predictions we were well aware of what to expect the next day.

Day 1 was raining, gloomy and cold. The course was slippery, muddy as shit, and sketchy in parts. I ended up 20/100 on day 1. After our race it cleared up, and we replenished with good food and beer while we watched the rest of our team and the Pro's race.

Conditions on day 2 weren't much different except it was raining harder. The course included a huge dirt run up, a sand pit followed by a huge set of stairs, 2 sets of barriers and a ton of muddy, nearly impossible to ride off-camber sections. I started in a worse position, but I did better in the race. I ended up 16/100. I was battling most of the race with a couple others. I can't remember ever really letting my guard down at all. Day 1 I was unsure of myself. Day 2 I know I gave it my all.

This was such an awesome event all around from the course set up to the spectating and sponsors. You can tell a lot went into it. This being my first fully dedicated CX season, its exciting to experience these big races for the first time. Every race so far has been great in its own way. Next years race schedule is already being planned in my head, and it will definitely include Gloucester.

All my photos are from the 2/3/4 masters, Elite men and women's races on day 1. Enjoy.

B&W Photos HERE
Color Photos HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment