Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Nittany Lion Cross 2012

This past weekend I raced the Nittany Lion Cross in PA. The majority of our team was there. It was great actually getting to meet the ones I hadn't, and hang out with everyone. After our Cat 4 race on day 1, we stuck around for all the rest of races.

On day 1 I bent my rear derailleur when I fell on the gravel during practice. I kept dropping the chain on the inside of my cassette. I could only shift between 2 gears. I still ended up 29th/107. Day 2 I started almost at the very back and ended up 39/114. All in all not the best results but I felt strong, especially on day 2.

My race ended at 10am. By 10:15 I had already had my first beer and cheeseburger. Many more were consumed over the course of the day while watching the races. It was a perfect day to be outside spectating post-race. A bunch of our team as well as some other local friends were racing the 2/3/4 race. I got a bunch of photos of that race as well as the Elite races. Link below.

I'm taking this weekend off to do a century with some friends. Next weekend I will be racing Saturday and Sunday at Gloucester. Definitely looking forward to that!

Jeremy Powers won the Elite men's race:
Click to enlarge.



The rest of my photos are :HERE:

B&W photos are below or :HERE:
Click to enlarge.









No comments:

Post a Comment