Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Horseshoe Scramble, NJ 12/2/12

This is a really late post. I've been insanely busy lately and am now just catching up from the past 2 weeks.

Horseshoe was muddy as shit. That about sums it up. I remember being on my first warm up lap and coming around the first turn from the grass into the mud. I thought to myself, holy shit, this is the thickest, stickiest mud I've ever ridden through. Then I realized that the majority of the rest of the course was the same. At the end of it was even deeper mud that you had to dismount to get through, and it swallowed your feet as you tried to run through it.

My bike was pounds heavier. Countless rear derailleurs were destroyed, but all said and done, it was actually a fun race. As I continue on my learning curve in Cat 3, one thing has been consistent so far...I end up mid field every race.

Most of these photos were shot by Johnny on my point and shoot while we were racing. Full gallery HERE.









No comments:

Post a Comment