Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bubble Cross, NJ 11/11

Staten CX was cancelled this year because of the destruction in Staten Island. We made last minute plans to Race out in NJ at Bubble Cross last Sunday.

The course was very technical. I would say that 1/8th of it was on sand. From the sand you exited to a singletrack climb that entered a whole twisty, dirt back section. There was some good climbing on the front section, a small kicker that you could catch some air off of, and a short set of stairs. Weather was in the 60's so all of this made for a really awesome, challenging race.

Our team did really well in the Cat 3's taking 1st and 2nd. I took 5th in the Cat 4's behind Wilis (king kog) who took 4th and Keith Garrison (pink rhino racing) took 1st.

We were just notified today that this weekends upcoming races at Super Cross Cup were postponed, so we are currently trying to find a game plan. I really want to race this weekend. My season is nearing a close. I have more than enough upgrade points and I think I'm about ready to make the jump up. I plan on upgrading right before my last race of this season so I can get a taste of what things will be like next year.

Enough from me, heres some photos from the day... Jen was nice enough to shoot some photos of the cat 4 race while I was racing. The rest are mine:

Full gallery HERE

K-tel and Brian Quinn post race




Catchin a little air during my race




No comments:

Post a Comment